Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Getting Ready for the Next Show (11-15-11)

There is so much to do to get ready for the next show! Once again, I am a vendor at the Plucky Maidens Junk Fest, this coming Saturday, at the McMenamins Grand Lodge in Forest Grove.

A few days ago, I made a trip to the generally excellent Stars Antique Malls in Sellwood. The rust and ragged look had spread like a mold from booth to booth since my last visit. Most everywhere, it was the same fake shabby white stuff, with the same "Paris" plaques and other such decor accents. An innovative look can easily get cliché when everyone does it... I made the decision that my space would be replete with colors, especially reds, a cheerful touch since the weather starts getting really dreadful at this time of the year.

 At Gary's suggestion again, I set up in the studio, to get an idea of what items I could fit in my little 6' x6' space.
A great turkey platter for Thanksgiving
I love the red coffee pots!

No comments:

Post a Comment